Tuesday, November 4, 2014

I ran away and joined the circus.

I decided that this Halloween I'd join the circus!





I made the dress...


...and lined it:


I bought both fabrics at the thrift store ages ago and was saving them with this costume in mind.


For a special weekend at the zoo (discount on admission if you come in costume!) I just wore a back cardi underneath:


But then I got the idea to cut apart some fishnet tape-style yarn, sew it together in strips and make "sleeves":















Halloween is my favorite holiday. I love the fun, the food, the mystery, the costumes, the creativity. It's the best!

I certainly had a great time this year.



Next up: Let's extend the season a bit with a tutorial on making your own drawstring "paper" bag. Popcorn bag stripes optional!





ps - check out Sew Geeky's linkup for some brilliant costumes!





No comments:

Post a Comment